Archive for March, 2010
When Tony and I were in New York back in November we ate a lot of amazing food. Obviously. But hands down, our favorite thing we ate was a lamb kofta from a halal street meat vendor. It was a taste sensation, and I rue that we only ate there once AND that Tony would shove as much of it as possible into his gaping maw while pushing me into oncoming traffic to prevent me from doing the same. I know the man loves me, but I am no match for that kofta.Since then, I have been having intermittent cravings for that delicious dish, but who knows when we’ll have a chance to head back to New York. So I set out to try and recreate it at home. And as with so many attempts to replicate dishes, I came nowhere close to that now-almost-mythical kofta… but thanks to this recipe over at TasteFood I did make a pretty damn good dish anyway. It doesn’t really taste anything like the thing we had in New York, but it’s tasty, filling, and healthy, so try it out! (more…)
- We pontificate on what Franka Potente’s audition must have been like for Run Lola Run
- No, your eyes don’t deceive you. We really did watch Labyrinth again. But this time, ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!
- We discuss the various ways in which A Perfect Getaway was anything but perfect
- Steph reveals another girl crush when discussing A Mighty Wind
- Tony threatens to end our marriage when he discovers another egregious lapse in Steph’s movie watching history which is revealed when we discuss Assassination of a High School President